You have no items in your cart.
At SavinGreen, we understand that sometimes things happen that can make it difficult to meet your financial obligations.
Financial Hardship is a term used to describe a situation where a person is unable to meet their financial commitments due to one or more factors contributing to their financial position.
The most common contributing factors that are considered in assessing financial hardship include:
- Loss of employment of you or a family member
- Illness, including physical incapacity, hospitalization, or mental illness of you or a family member
- Family breakdown
- A death in the family
- Other factors resulting in an unforeseen change in your capacity to meet their payment obligations, whether through a reduction in income or through an increase in non-discretionary expenditure.
If you are having financial problems, let us know. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we can help you to manage your debts. You can contact us:
By Telephone 1300 152 701
Speak to our Customer Care Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm and let them know. One of our senior managers will then help you through the process of assessment and making arrangements.
By Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is our dedicated email to help those who may be experiencing financial difficulties
SavinGreen may require some documentation to assist with its assessment process. This may include:
- Documentation such as a statutory declaration from a person familiar with the customer’s circumstances (family doctor, clergy, bank officer, etc);
- Centrelink Documentation
- Evidence of the customer having consulted with, and/or being accompanied by a recognized financial counsellor or a booking to see a financial counsellor.
Businesses are not eligible for Financial Hardship, but this does not mean we will not try to help, so please still let us know.
Reaching an Agreement
Any arrangements SavinGreen may agree with you needs to be able to ensure that:
- The repayment should be sufficient to cover expected future use of the service (as adjusted to ensure the customer’s financial position does not worsen over a reasonable period of time).
- The arrangement should provide a continued reduction of debt at a reasonable level (i.e. the customer should not be going into future debt under the arrangement).
Some ways to help manage you debt, while keeping you connected may include:
- Call barring
- Reconnection of a service with restricted access
- Plan change
- Cancel any content subscription or premium services (e.g. ring tones, jokes, pictures, etc)
- You can access the “Your Account” system via our website, which offers Account Management across all services such as checking your usage
- Spreading payments for to excess usage over a few months
You Can Download the Complete SavinGreen Financial Hardship Policy Here:
Community Financial Counsellors
You may wish to seek the help pf a Community Financial Counsellor. Here is a list you may find useful.
MoneyHelp: 1800 007 007 FREE
Not-for-profit Victorian Government service providing free, confidential financial counselling for Victorians experiencing job loss or reduced working hours.
NEW SOUTH WALES
Financial Counsellors’ Association of New South Wales:1300 914 408
Salvation Army Moneycare: 02 6247 3635
Lifeline gambling and financial counselling: 02 6247 0655
Uniting Care Wesley Adelaide 08 8202 5180
referral to a financial counsellor
Northern Community Legal Service: 08 8281 6911
South Australian Financial Counsellors Association:
Relationships Australia (SA)
Financial Counselling Hotline: 1800 007 007
Consumer Credit Legal Service: 08 9221 7066
Consumer Credit Advocate, Hobart Community Legal Service: 1800 232 500
Relationships Australia Tasmania: 1300 364 277
Assistance for people affected by gambling
Financial First Aid: 1300 370 255
phone financial counselling service
Financial Counselling Hotline: 1800 007 007
Anglicare NT Financial Counselling
Darwin Financial Counselling Service Tel: 08 8985 0000
Katherine Financial Counselling Service Tel: 08 8972 1571
East Arnhem Financial Counselling Service Tel: 08 8987 3022
Top End Financial Counselling Service Tel: 08 8985 0000
Alice Springs Financial Counselling Service Tel: 08 8951 8000
Alternatively visit www.financialcounsellingaustralia.org.au for more information.
Information is also available on these and other options at ACMA’s website: