You have no items in your cart.
The National Broadband Network (NBN) is a national network of communications infrastructure currently being built by NBN Co on behalf of the Federal Government. It’s set to change the way Australians access the internet, with lightning-fast fibre-optic, fixed wireless and satellite technology being made available over the next 10 years.
The NBN is essential for Australia’s digital evolution and is designed to provide access to a minimum level of broadband services across the nation. It presents opportunity in education, business, entertainment, health care and sociability giving everyone the potential to be more productive, more creative, more efficient and more connected for decades to come.
There are plans to connect more than 93 per cent of Australian homes to the NBN’s fibre-optic network, allowing access to download speeds of up to 100 megabits per second – four times quicker than the fastest ADSL2+ broadband currently available. With NBN Co planning to increase the available speeds on fibre-optic all the way up to 1000 megabits per second in the near future, the network is a serious game-changer for Australian homes and businesses.
NBN presents opportunity in education, business, entertainment, health care and sociability giving everyone the potential to be more productive, more creative, more efficient and more connected for decades to come.
For Home Users:
– Download more faster
– Connect multiple devices at the same time
– Smoother video conferencing via fast broadband makes face to face contact with loved ones an easy, enjoyable experience
– Entertainment for the whole family with video streaming, entertainment on demand, online games, music and photos, access to international TV, news and sport
– Work from home
– Potential for access to e-health and telehealth
For Business Users:
– Faster data transmission, increasing efficiency
– Reducing costs through better and smarter Phone Services and Business solutions
– Improved video conferencing to life allowing you to meet with customers, suppliers and colleagues, regardless of location, face to face without even leaving your desk, saving time consuming and costly travel
– Flexible work force with remote and home connectivity
– Removal of geographical barriers as access is provided to more homes across Australia
NBN aims to provide your business and home access to fast, reliable and affordable services. Due to the nature and size of our country NBN plan to use a mix of technologies to deliver the NBN, using the best fit solution for each area. It is important to check your home and/or business address to find out about the roll out in your area.
NBN Fibre: 93% population
State of the art fibre optic technology means the NBN delivers reliable broadband with speeds up to 100Mbps by running fibre-optic cable right up to your house (called Fibre to the Home or FTTH) or to the connection in front of your house (called Fibre to the Node or FTTN)
NBN Wireless: 4% population
Australia is a pretty big place, so Fixed Wireless technology will connect those premises that do not fall into the fibre footprint. Speeds up to 25mbps download and 5mbps upload are available
NBN Satellite: 3% population
For those remote areas, services will be delivered via satellite. With the NBN Interim Satellite reaching capacity, NBN Co has ceased sale of the interim satellite product. The full satellite service is expected to be launched in 2015.
1. Select the SavinGreen NBN Service you wish to have. For Businesses, we will also provide an implementation plan so that any particular phone numbers can be secured for ongoing use.
2. NBN Co Appointment: NBN Co will come and install the required NBN equipement. This will include
– Utility Box to the outside of your wall
– NBN Connection Box to the inside of your premise
– In some cases, and additional Battery Back Up device may also be installed
3. SavinGreen will provide you with the required Gateway or Router that connects to your NBN Connection Box. This can be self installed or professionally installed.
4. On Phone technical support to ensure all your services are up and running as they should be